Electric Fireplace Safety Tips
July 26, 2019
Electric Fireplaces are a great alternative for homeowners that are looking for a more simple, and safer version of a fireplace. There is no actual flame, no need for Chimney or venting but there are still safety tips that comes with almost every peace of electronic equipment. The only part of the fireplace that actually gets warm is is the area right near the heating element or warm air discharge. Various manufacturers have their own operating guidelines and safety tips, but here are some that you can expect to see if you get a new electric fireplace.
1. Be aware that the heating element can be hot when switched on. Watch your bare skin to avoid getting burnt.
2. In order to avoid getting burnt, keep all combustible materials way from all sides of the fireplace unit.
3. Be sure not to block the fresh air intakes
4. Electric fireplaces are very pet and child safe but exercise caution when leaving unit on and left unattended.
5. Never operate the electric fireplace unit when the electric cord is visibly damaged.
6. Electric Fireplaces are for indoor use only and should not be exposed to various weather conditions
For more safety tips, be sure to ask Anderson Insulation upon interest in any of our products. Electronic Fireplaces are the perfect solution for many families so enjoy!
If you are interested in any type of Fireplace around the Massachusetts area, please feel free to reach out. We can be contacted over the phone at 800-472-1717 or through our online contact form.